At The Wanderer, we take the privacy of our users and their data seriously. In this section, we detail the use of your data on this website and any third-party services we use. If you have any questions please contact us.
Most websites store small files on your device, called cookies. Some of these cookies are used to provide core functionality of the website. Other cookies are used to track information about users and their behaviour on the website.
We use some essential cookies that are needed for the website to run properly. Here are what these cookies do:
- Make the website safer and prevent unwanted attacks.
- Keep track of what you have in the shopping cart and products you add to it so you can continue to use other parts of the website.
- Remember your checkout page while payment is processed.
- Remember when you have dismissed a pop-up banner on the site, so you don’t have to do it again if you return to the site.
- Identify if you are a new visitor to the website or if you have used it before.
- Let us know which location you are visiting the website from, which device you are using and which web browser (depending on device/browser settings).
- Provide information as to which source you arrived at our website from.
- Keep track of which pages you visit and how long you spend on each page.
- Videos are embedded from YouTube which stores cookies after you press play on the video. Google uses this information to keep track of what users are watching and how often videos are being played.
We use some third-party services to provide a better experience for our users. We only choose those best-in-class that emphasise quality, privacy and security in their products.
We use Squarespace to host and provide much of the functionality of this website. User data collected by cookies is held on Squarespace servers. You can read more about how Squarespace processes data here.
To manage our mailing list, we use a service called MailChimp. When you signup to our mailing list, your name and email is added to a list stored with MailChimp. You can read more about how MailChimp handles data here.
When we send out an email via MailChimp to our mailing list, it tracks whether you have received our email(s) and whether you opened it or clicked on any links within. It also lets us know what location emails were opened in and what kind of device or email service you are using. We only send relevant marketing emails and do not sell your details to third-parties. You can unsubscribe at any time from the link at the bottom of every email.
Payments taken via orders made on our website are processed with a service called Stripe and sometimes Apple Pay. We do not collect any user payment details on this website. The payments are solely handled by the highly secure Stripe and/or Apple Pay platforms. You can read more about how Stripe handles data here and Apple Pay here.